Thursday 23 February 2017

I am Caught Between My Mother and My Husband

Its another story time and I am just enjoying this few days of learning from other people’s experiences. That's what's called wisdom. These stories are shared for us to learn from; they are true life stories that we can relate to so we don’t wait to make our own mistakes. So today we share another story.

Issue
I have been married for about 15months and my husband can’t seem to make love to me because he can’t seem to get it up. I love him and I don’t want to leave him. We have been managing this situation between us but then my mum called me one day expressing concern over the fact that I'm not pregnant yet and it's been over a year that I got married. In tears I confided in her and told her the challenge in my marriage. And lo and behold the issue was blown out of proportion with my husband’s parents invited into the situation. My husband tried explaining to my mum that he is more worried and concerned about his predicament as he is looking forward to starting his own family more than my mother is looking forward to having another grandchild. But my mum would not hear any of such explanations. She has forced me out of my marriage against my will and I just don’t know how to handle this? I am caught between my mother who does not see any reason why I should remain married to a man who cannot give me a child and my husband that I love dearly.

Response
Honestly my heart goes out to you as I'm almost in tears as I pen down a response to this issue. But first, where are your praying knees? You have not mentioned anything about prayers. Have you prayed to God to know your purpose in that marriage and in the life of that husband of yours? Do you know whether its for this problem that the Lord made you a wife and a suitable helper to this man; that you might be the answer to the prayer that he has been seeking the face of God for? Proverbs 18:22 says “He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives the favor of God.” Why would you allow your mother remove you from under the authority of the head that the Lord has placed over your life and from the assignment that the Lord has handed over to you?
In as much as I appreciate the enormity of the problem at hand, I also appreciate the Mightiness of God who is able to solve all problems and I do not appreciate you being a wimp who would allow her mother interfere with her marriage. Genesis 2:24 says, “For this reason a man will leave father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.” So where is the place of your mother in your marriage equation based on God's design that she should come and pull you out of your marriage? I still can’t seem to understand this.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says “Two are better than one, because they will have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up.” Based on this scripture, you have just shown that you are not a friend to be relied on not to talk of being a wife to depend on by your actions of allowing your mother interfere in the affairs of your home. You are a wife who has left her husband on the floor rather than help him up when he needs you the most. Permit me for being hard.
As far as I know the only humane thing for you to do is to go back to your husband and hold his hands through the storm of his life. You are his suitable helper, assigned to him by God to help him in every area where he needs help. Now is the time for you to fulfill God’s calling upon your life in the life of your husband. Do not let anyone (not even your mother) make you fail God in this. You are not accountable to your mother in the matters of your marriage, you are accountable to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do We Worship God

Many people feel like they should only praise God when they have received a blessing from God. Honestly, I was in that category too, so I am...