Tuesday 6 December 2016

Discussing Real Life Issues 3

Good morning very special people of God, thanking my God as always for another glorious day and another day to impact a marriage with the truth of the word of God. Doing these has been very fulfilling yet challenging but as long as the Lord is on the throne He is not relenting until His will and purpose is fulfilled in our marriages. You will agree with me that when the home front is at peace there is health in every other area of our lives. And because God’s will for us is of good and not evil, He will not sit quiet and watch the lives of His loved ones destroyed.

So today we take another practical life issue and learn from the issues that people have faced in marriage so we don’t make mistakes and when we find ourselves in similar situations, we can apply what we have learned to our own situations too.

Issue
I have been married for some time now and I must confess that I don't know if what I have is really a marriage or a co-habitation. I have been a faithful wife and I have been true to my God and my husband even though he hardly takes responsibility for anything at all in the house. I have not held anything against him and I have tried to be as submissive as I should be. But not too long ago, I discovered that my husband has married another wife and has rented an apartment for her elsewhere and they now live as husband and wife. So all the money he has not spending at home on his children, he is spending much more on his new wife. I had begged him for the children’s school fees which he pleaded that he could not pay because he didn’t have money at that time and that I should help him find a means of borrowing the money that he’ll pay back as soon as some of his allowances are paid in his office. I obediently did as I was told and after a couple of months without getting a word from him regarding the repayment of the loan, I went behind him to inquire from some of his colleagues about the payment of their allowances only to be told that they had long been paid their allowances. Obviously he has collected the money to spend elsewhere leaving me not only to cater for the children, but also to offset a loan that I didn’t intend to take because their was no means of repayment as I am just a teacher with very low income. I need help.

Response
To tell you that your emotions have been bruised and battered by a man who is suppose to care for you and love you with all of his heart is to say the least. But I can tell based on the truth of the word of God that the story does not end there if you don’t give up on that marriage. You remember the story of Abraham, Sarah and Hagai in Genesis 16, the beautiful thing about that story for me that Sarah had the last laugh in the matter. And till this very age, God recognized only Isaac, the child of Sarah as Abraham’s only child even though he had other children. And so would you have the last laugh in Jesus name.

Despite the pain and hurt you feel, the consolation I want you to hold on to is the fact that you are the only wife God recognizes in the life of your husband. You still hold the treasure pot of his life, you are still God’s divine helper for him and you are God’s favor for his life.

I will beg you not to take any hasty decision so as not to miss out on God's best for you. Do not contemplate a divorce; two wrongs never make a right. It's tough I know, but you have God on your side and that is bigger and better than anything you can wish for. 

Malachi 2:13-14
Another thing you do: You flood the Lord’s altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accept them with pleasure from your hands. You ask, “Why?” It is because the Lord is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

This passage is the reason why you need to put your mind to rest because God has your situation in control, and believe me that no matter what the situation looks like at the moment you will have the last and best laugh. He will fight for you and all you need to do is just hold your peace and relax. Your husband will return home into your arms where he belongs and God will ensure that happens.

You mentioned that you have been true to God and your husband, well I will encourage you to continue to be true to God and your husband and in due course the situation will return back to the way it should be. On the issue of finances, hold on to God, He will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. You will never lack. Don’t let anxiety and fear take your focus away from Jesus. In due season, God will make all things beautiful and you will smile again. 


Needing help and counselling, please visit www.thewordthatsuits.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do We Worship God

Many people feel like they should only praise God when they have received a blessing from God. Honestly, I was in that category too, so I am...