Monday 30 September 2013

The Efficacy Of The Word Of God

Isaiah 55:10-11
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out of my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. 

Matthew 8:5-10
When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. "Lord," he said, "my servant lies at home paralysed and in terrible suffering."
Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."
The centurion replied, "Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it."
When Jesus heard this, he was astonished and said to those following him, "I tell you the truth, i have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.

I want to start this post with much apologies for my inconsistency with my blog posts in recent days, I am really very sorry and this is due to so many distracting factors. I am trusting God to help me manage my time a lot better in the days ahead. But I am positive that with the efforts I am making at the moment, I will be able to give more attention to my blog site.
Today I want to pay a little attention to the efficacy of the word of God, the potential power that the word of God carries. It is an impossibility to see God face-to-face and we are thousands of years past the days when Jesus came to earth, so what we hold as anchor for our behalf and sustenance as Christians and as children of God is the unfailing word of God.
Not so many people have the same encounter of salvation as that of Saul who was later named Paul on his way to Damascus, but a lot of people, including me, have encountered the power of God through His word. And so it is somewhat a joke, if as a Christian, you do not have the word of God dwell richly in you. In present generation there are a lot of church goers whose faith is based solely on what the pastor says. A lot of people no longer see the need to test the spirit operating in the pastors and so we have a generation of easily deceived individual swept away by the spirit of religion with absolutely no relationship or personal contact with God.
God made so many promises, so many covenants with man and His children that are still binding on Him till date and He is still committed to fulfilling in our lives and present generation, but in truth only a few knows the truth about these promises and covenants and only a few benefit from them because only a few take the time to search the word of God to know the truth about their rightful place in Christ and the inheritance that accrues to them by virtue of them being children of God. Thus God says "My people perish for lack of knowledge."
I totally agree with the fact that satan will attempt to distract us in so many ways. Our acquisition of the  knowledge of the truth  from the word of God, disarms him and prevents him from stealing our goods, but we have to wage war against whatever it is that will prevent us from get acquainted with the word of God.
In Isaiah 55 the Lord declared that His word will not return to Him empty, but will accomplish that which He desires and fulfill the purpose for which He sent it. So that tells us that the word of God is just as powerful as the presence of God. If the word of God is present everywhere around us, then it automatically reveals that the presence of God is with us.    
The centurion in the book of Matthew really did understand the power of the word of God spoken through Jesus. He knew that the words of Jesus are not empty words, but full of power and they are effective. He knew that the words of Jesus where as good as His physical presence. He understand that the host of heaven where on attention to just hear the words spoken and they effect the performance thereof immediately. So he said to Jesus, "never mind coming over, you are too powerful to come under the roof of an undeserving servant as me, but speak and my servant will be healed."
In our generation and days now, do we still believe in the power of God's word? Are we acquainted with the truth that as long as the word of God is with us, His presence is with us? Do we still yearn to have God speak His powerful word into our situation. You do not need to wait on your pastor or spiritual leader to hear from God. The Lord desires a communication with you on a personal basis. Don't get too busy to have a chat with God and have Him speak directly to you. He alone can give a direction to your life that will not fail or disappoint. Start by getting familiar with the Bible, know that truth that leads to freedom and enjoy heaven even as you live on earth.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Do We Worship God

Many people feel like they should only praise God when they have received a blessing from God. Honestly, I was in that category too, so I am...